|Welcome to True Amazons! The group for art depicting women as strong, tough, dominant, or courageous... but tastefully.|
Basically, the point of the group is this: Empower Women. You don't have to be a woman to join, but you do have to respect the way women feel when they view your art. We want pictures of role models for women, not soft porn for men. There are tons of other groups on DeviantArt that are full of naked, huge-breasted bimbos... but that's not what this group is about. Girls, this is YOUR turf. Guys, you are welcome to stay, as long as you behave yourselves.
THE RULES - Please read before submitting art:
• All art must be ON-TOPIC, meaning that their main focus is a woman, and this woman must be powerful or inspiring (see below for more details). Just because there is a woman in the picture does not automatically mean it's on-topic.
• All characters must have REALISTIC body proportions and anatomies, and realistic body poses. Please, NO impossible spine twists to try to show the butt and the boobs in the same shot.
• Keep it CLEAN. We don't want people coming here just to ogle at boobies. Please, no porn, lewd pin-up, gratuitous thong-shots, erotica, women fighting each other naked, or artwork specifically fetishizing sexual body parts. Any nudity must have a non-erotic justification. If you drew a woman naked (or topless) just because you think it's hot, then that's not good enough justification for this group.
• ABSOLUTELY NO art or comments that are degrading to women, anything that portrays women as weak or helpless, violence against women, women as prisoners or slaves, women in bondage, women being abused, impending rape scenes, “peril” art, Gorean art, or art that portrays women as victims.
• All submissions must show reasonable artistic and presentation QUALITY. No unfinished or poorly-presented art, faint sketches, quick doodles, blurry photos, drawings on lined paper, rough pencil sketches, or very novice artwork. Colored art is preferred; uncolored art should be well-shaded or otherwise obviously complete.
• Watch out for REDUNDANCY. Please only submit one version of each piece, ideally the most complete version. Also try to avoid submitting sequence series.
UPDATE: What *IS* On-Topic?
Art submissions MUST fall into one of more of the following categories. If it does not, then it is not on-topic and we will not accept it!
* Fan art or cosplay of known strong female characters from popular culture, mythology, or history
* Warrior women, women who are holding weapons, wearing armor, or kicking butt
* Women who demonstrate remarkable physical strength, athleticism, or a muscular body
* Women who possess (preferably demonstrate) formidable magical powers, i.e. witches and sorceresses
* Women who display dominance or authoritative power
* Deviant ID's of female group members; or if you are a guy, photos of women who you know in real-life who you look up to (submitted with their permission, of course!)
* Women displaying other qualities of strength or toughness not listed here; i.e. mastering the elements, flying a jet, saving someone's life, befriending dangerous animals, making an important political statement, etc.